Corporations should out-source government relations service to PUBLiCUS because:
- It is able to maintain independence and objectivity when confronted with an issue;
- It can easily influence senior management because of its neutrality;
- It can reduce overhead cost since its fee is limited to professional service; hence, the company does away with expenses for salaries/wages of government relations staff;
- It is a specialist in government relations and lobbying is an expertise that an internal staff lacks; and
- It is cost effective than maintaining full-timers.
Public interest advocacies will need the expertise of professionally trained/experienced individuals in pushing particular agenda in government, both at the local and national levels. Hence, it is more cost-efficient for clients to out-source government relations service to reputable experts who understand government culture, the dynamics in institutions, the processes, and procedures involved than maintain an in-house unit that lacks the needed preparation to be effective in government relations.